• Having learn a few things since October, I decided I would give a 2nd go to my favorite salami. Think we have the fat more inline with my liking and we dialed back that dextrose to a more traditional amount. We have a casing that will develop mold, and we have a proper curing/drying chamber. I have been dealing with "cooking" food for 40 years. Never have I had to wait 1-2 months to see if I nailed it. That takes some getting used to! And I know it is traditional to press, I am just not there yet!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• ll three are within .2oz of 52oz. The little one on top is 7.7oz. I was gonna do it in saran wrap, then realized that would be like the UMAi bags, and decided to see how parchment paper would do.

• The color changes, it starts to smell like salami, and the mold is growing fast on this round! there is even mold starting on the small amount that was put in parchment paper as a casing!

• I can almost taste it!! LOVE Soppressata - one of our apprentices just could not pronounce it - he kept trying to say Sarsparilla :/

Have you ever tried Landjäeger? Traditional German Hunters Sausage - mixed, cured, pressed and smoked. I'll have to get another batch on the go when I get the chance... we are flat out making Dröewors for the resident South Africans and our multitude of gourmet sausages that we rarely have enough sausage trim left to make salami.

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

• I can almost taste it!! LOVE Soppressata - one of our apprentices just could not pronounce it - he kept trying to say Sarsparilla :/

Have you ever tried Landjäeger? Traditional German Hunters Sausage - mixed, cured, pressed and smoked. I'll have to get another batch on the go when I get the chance... we are flat ou

t making Dröewors for the resident South Africans and our multitude of gourmet sausages that we rarely have enough sausage trim left to make salami.

Called through Esperance a few weeks ago and forgot about your butchers shop there. Will call in next time we're going past.

Cheers, Wayne

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• 40%+ loss, I am gonna shoot for 45-50% loss. I have never had Spanish Dried Chorizo, no idea what it should taste like. A uniquely tasting salami as I have ever had. Cant even describe the flavor.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!