Kardinalschnitten dough roll cake

• Hi everyone! I hope everything is going well with you guys.

I have baked another batch of Kardinalschnitten dough roll cake.

It went better than last time

I copied a Japanese pastry chef’s recipe on YouTube. Here is the link:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Yukkie1 (May 7, 2023 at 1:46 PM).

• Yukkie1 May 7, 2023 at 1:45 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “I have made another batch of roll cake with Kardinalschnitten dough” to “Kardinalschnitten dough roll cake”.
  • Yukkie, that cake looks delicious ...oishii-so desu!!

I've been to Japan many times and all the Japanese people I've met never make or bake cakes themselves as they usually don't have ovens in their kitchens but the cakes in the cake shops in the local area of Chiba are very soft and delicate.

Well done!! :yum)

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Davo

Konbanha(pronounced Konbanwa)!

How are you?

Thank you for your compliment. I am glad.

One more reason why most of us do not bake cake is it is not Japanese food.

Most of us do not make traditional Japanese cake either, because it is very complicated. So we let professional people do. Some people make homestyle traditional Japanese cakes though.

BTW, may I ask you where you are from?

Edited once, last by Yukkie1 (May 15, 2023 at 1:13 AM).

• Oh wow, that looks very interesting, I might have to give that one a try.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Ohayo-Gozaimusu Yukkie-san,

Yes I'm Australian, live in a border town of NSW and Victoria, originally from Sydney but wife is from Chiba-ken. She has lived in Australia now for 33 years. she never bakes either, even her Mother who was a school head cook didn't bake any cakes...as far as I'm aware. My wife won't allow me to bake any cakes as she says i make too much mess :D :D :D

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!