Pretty hot in WA today.

• Pretty warm over here today, it's been like this for a couple of weeks, getting over it. Plus it's that time of year when Athletics has Zone Championships, so I've been on track officiating for the last two days.

Perth has broken the February record for days over 40 with six, and we still have lots of time to get another.

Make sure you look to the right of the chart for 'high temp'.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Gday

Brissy been not as hot but the humidity just stews you. Weve had a good lot of rain for an what was expected to be a dry summer. The frangerpani is covered with a rust covered mold and as soon as the sun gets on it it drys out and gets blown everywhere. On our cloths on the bbqs everything’s got a golden dusting. I’ve spent 25 years in this house and never seen it as bad. Have to get some time in the garden soon as everything needs a prune. Beats a drought though so should’nt winge.

Hoping you get a good wet winter to follow your summer and us a dry winter.

Regards Dave

• And another 40+ day today. That's now 7 this Feb, and 9 since new year, with 5 of those over 42.

Carnarvon now has the hottest recorded temp anywhere on the Earth this year with 49.9, with reports coming in from stations in land saying 54 degrees.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Pretty much. Obviously we mammals can regulate our temperatures a bit, with evaporative cooling.

49.9 in Carnarvon... official from the weather bureau, means 49.9 in the shade. By the ocean. I can believe 54 at somewhere like Gascoyne.

• Yep we copped a 46.6 the day after. Pretty damned warm for this far south - although we did get an "unofficial" 52 a few years ago from a well calibrated and well shaded thermometer. The digital thermometer we have in our shed actually blew up after hitting 54 that same day.

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

• Yeah - I mean we moved south for a reason - this old girl doesn't handle hot weather too well anymore hahaha

Yeah, there are a couple of times a year when my wife and I check out property in Hobart, then the heat wave moves on and we enjoy our mild winter.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!