Burgeroff (aka Burger Off)

• So it seems the Forum BBQ Gods have smiled on me, and I get to setup the next challenge.

As it was International Burger Day this week, I've decided on a Burger challenge that will run through June.

Hence Burgeroff.

I also get to set the rules, so here we go:

Title: Burgeroff Challenge

Cooking Equipment: Open, as I don't have a flat plate BBQ and smash burgers are a big thing, all cooking utensils are available.

Food Rules: Must use a bun, no open sandwiches.

Any protein.

Must use cheese, cheese sauce counts. If someone wants to go an Asian style burger, I will waiver the cheese rule only for Asian style as it does not always go.

Duration: June

Proof of life: None, we'll rely on honesty for this cook.

Pics: 2 Max

I reserve the right to clarify rules further should questions pop up.

So get cooking everyone, I hope to see some pics that may make me drool on the keyboard. :bbq:

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Is that egg? Looks like we have a burger with the lot.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Because friends brought me some Bob's Big Boy Red Hamburger Relish to the cruise we both just finished. I was able to take a trip to the past, I mean way back. We are talking Fresno in the late 60's. It was a little messy, but boy was it good. I did not take the time to do the 3rd bun and separate the patties. Bob's was the home of the Big Boy Double Decker Burger. It was the Big Mac of its day, 30 years before the Big Mac. I doubt you all care but that has never stopped me. There used to be Bob's all over the US. There are 4 left, all in Los Angles. Don't think this one has much of a chance, but the the touch of nostalgia got me.

F2ymprJh.jpg

7NGi61uh.jpg

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Only allowed 2 pics :S

Oopsie. I didn't see that rule at all. I'll rectify it immediately. =O

Apologies Wazza and all

Actually on second thought, I think the pics were up for too long, so I'll move the post out of the comp and into the what did you cook.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Because friends brought me some Bob's Big Boy Red Hamburger Relish to the cruise we both just finished. I was able to take a trip to the past, I mean way back. We are talking Fresno in the late 60's. It was a little messy, but boy was it good. I did not take the time to do the 3rd bun and separate the patties. Bob's was the home of the Big Boy Double Decker Burger. It was the Big Mac of its day, 30 years before the Big Mac. I doubt you all care but that has never stopped me. There used to be Bob's all over the US. There are 4 left, all in Los Angles. Don't think this one has much of a chance, but the the touch of nostalgia got me.

F2ymprJh.jpg

7NGi61uh.jpg

Luv the John Deere plate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!