Posts by Marty

wow thank you for the warm welcome!
    A lot of love for the acorn..to tell the truth it was not even on my radar because I thought it was a little small because when I use charcoals it will be a larger group of people when just the wife and myself will just use the gas....
    Thanks for the tips...keep a look out for my year long journey in deciding which BBQ to get next(I have a wildfire would fire pizza oven)

Hello forum!
    My name is Marty and I live in Melbourne and for the past 5 years i have been burning my food with a Beefeater Discovery gas 6 burner.
    I wish to change that and go back to cooking with charcoals as it tastes way better and is easier and more relaxed once coals are lit.
    Looking for a BBQ that is a mix of a smoker and charcoals, I have seen some pallet smokers that can do direct heat but looks like only a small cooking area for direct heat.
    Ideally I would get a Weber coal summit but the price is way out of price range. Other things I have seen are at Bunnings as I am at the lower price range sub $1500.
    Looking forward to being part of the forum :bbq: