Posts by Emberpak

Also we have to remember how briquettes such as heat beads work. You cook when they get ashen white. Before then they're still getting rid of all the stink additives they use which goes into your food if you put it on too early.

Use a coconut or sawdust charcoal, and you will avoid chemical additives. The only additive (check with vendor) in coconut charcoal is starch to hold the wet charcoal together during briquette compression/extrusion. Sawdust charcoal should have zero additives, as the briquettes are formed with wet sawdust before carbonisation.

I'm sure that there is a 'celebrity endorsement fee' built in to the price :D .

I wonder if they'll part ways with the celeb chef or keep him on board (or bag in this case)?

Considering they have him endorsing their stuff in the UK & US, I highly doubt they will be changing.

The box says Eucalyptus, but it is pretty old, so it may have absorbed some 'extra flavour' over the years <X .

It is always possible. Charcoal will readily take up any smell nearby, especially if that cardboard box ever got damp or is just gassing off.

There's quite a lot of eucalyptus trees all over Sth East Asia as it will grow quickly in tropical conditions. Lots of manufacturers use it and supply as generic "hardwood" charcoal, among other types of wood (eg coffee tree, tamarind, etc). We used to import a eucalyptus binchotan, but now have a better version made from lychee wood.

Recently rediscovered "Cameo" as I was going through 80s music on Spotify.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have a 10' x 5' table in a room 7m x 5m. Bought it from Heiron & Smith back in the late 90s. Mahogany with 3 slate slabs, English cloth, 100% gum bumpers, hidden brass pockets. I could have fit a full size snooker table in the room, but wanted some space for people to sit while playing.

A guy I used to work with collected pinball machines. He said he had 13 at the time. All were in working order which he played most afternoons after work. I'd love to get my hands on an Addams Family pinball machine as my surname is Adams but i doubt the wife would let that happen lol. I dont think pinball machines fit into Hamptons style homes some how

I disagree. I nice pinball coffee table would look great, or maybe a "Baywatch" themed pinball machine, to go with that beach style resort feel. 8o

I've always wanted to get a retro 50s jukebox and pinball machine for my billiards room, but never really had enough room I have a treadmill and massage chair in there as well. But now that I've done up my backyard pergola, I might snazz it up with a jukebox. Already have a 65" tv out there. ;)

Those numbers don't add up. How can you have a death rate of 0.69% and a recovery rate of 98.9%, or 1.1% who don't recover?

EDIT: Maybe it's using live stats and a whole bunch of people currently have it so have not recovered / died yet, that could explain the difference in numbers.

The numbers do work out. What you are misreading is "death rate as % of positive tests". What the stats are saying is, of the 145552 people tested, approx 1004 later died from Covid. So 554 people who died did not go get tested before winding up in hospital and dying.

No matter how good a product it can be, that is really poor effort and lack of transparency on part of Gozney. To not have the product made or at least in production when sales commenced was always going to cause issues, and to not have made that clear before the sale is dodgy.

As for the "we couldn't get staff to ship it", I call BS. All during lockdown, I have been able to get my products into the country and shipped around Aus. I will admit, getting containers in the last few months out of Asia has been a monumental pain (and a ridiculously high cost), but they are still getting in.

That's really odd. I have one of the Stanley thermos from Costco. I fill it to the brim with boiling hot water, and it is still hot 24 hrs later. Of course, as you use it and introduce air into the thermos, it will cool faster, but a half thermos still remains hot for about 8 hours.