Posts by ZGrills-Justin

Im in the same boat as jimmyboy. Already had my gmg when I 1st met gourmetgalaxy and had a good look at the Z Grill he was running.
    He spoke very highly or your approach to listening to any feedback he was giving about the Z. Would be on my shopping list when the GMG carks it.

Yea, any sort of feedback to us is extremely valuable.
    We've got a list of features/upgrades that were suggested by Z Grills owners such as pellet dump, heavier lid, lid gasket, front shelves, etc.
    We would love to be able to incorporate that into our next design iteration but there is also a cost associated to all that little things and not everyone is willing to pay $20 more for a heavier lid.
    So we are trying to find a balance between cost and features. With that said, we are actively designing a front shelf that will be retrofitable. Given the current situation, we're considering getting it done locally here in Melb.

Just out of curiosity, Yakabot, are there anything particular about your GMG that you like/dislike?

Welcome to the Forum Justin.

I do like the Z grill but purchased a GMG Daniel Boone Choice grill WIFI before you were available in Australia.

Mate, I don't blame you. Wifi controllers have always been tempting for tech geeks like myself
    Just FYI, we've have been developing our own wifi controllers behind the scenes. It's definitely one of those things that will take some time to get it right. Will be a nightmare if it is not.
    Hit us up if you're in the market for another smoker.

Btw, I've got to say, LOVE YOUR WORK.

I just wanted to clarify, Bosston is not a copy or Z Grills. We actually manufactured the Bosston under an OEM agreement years ago. It definitely is a bargain at the 490-600 mark, but you are right, you will need to double check what the customer service/warranty is like. I can't comment on that since I am not associated with Bosston.

Hey mate, my name is Justin from Z Grills Pellet Smoker Australia. Apologies for being a bit late to the party. I see that most people here are recommending Pit Boss. Pit Boss will probably be my go-to recommendation if you are working with a tight budget. The External Flame Broiler Level is a great concept, one that Z Grills has experimented with in the past. However, the feedback that we got is that people are finding it a bit of a nightmare to clean up after their cooks. Not mentioning the potential grease fires as well.

Someone once told me buy cheap and you will regret, buy the best and you'll forget the price. The best pellet smokers in terms of built quality are probably the Yoders, but not everyone wants to sell a kidney for that.

If you want something with a larger cooking area, maybe you should check out the Z Grills 700E-XL Pellet Smoker with roughly 0.6m2 of effective cooking area. More than enough to fit 2 or more briskets. Whether or not you choose to go with a Z Grill, feel free to reach out if you need any help deciding what to get for yourself.

Hey guys,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well during these times.
    We’ve recently seen an unprecedented number of people making the switch to pellet smokers despite years of resistance. Z Grills Australia made it’s first debut in this forum through gourmetgalaxy. While we only entered the Australian market last year, we’ve been manufacturing for many other brands including Traeger for years.

I think most people lurking in this forum would be interested in the Z Grills 700E-XL Pellet Smoker which is exclusive available to the Aussie market. It is an upgraded Z Grills 700E Pellet Smoker with an extra top rack which increases it’s effective cooking area from 700 sq inches to 930 sq inches (roughly 0.6 m sq)

See why so many Aussies are raving about Z Grills Pellet Smokers
    http://zgrills.com.au/review
    https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/z-grills-australia
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/zgrillsoz