Posts by Agrius

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I’ve done a vast amount of reading on the forum, online, looking at bbqs, watchin YouTube etc and can safely say Ill be taking everyone’s advice and won’t be spending too much money on gas anytime soon.

I have a kettle which I love and that will remain my main go to I think. Gas will just be for ease so I’ll look at affordable and then get something else to supplement. A pellet or Weber Smokey mountain I think. Enjoy the cooking then the food.

Apologies Gumb, I wasn’t very clear. I meant that due to the single circular burner it’s not like some others (eg Ziggy/Genesis) where you can have burners on and burners off creating a direct and indirect zone. Appreciate that you can use a trivet and convection tray with the q to simulate this.

I popped into bbq galore on my way home today - the Ziggy did look impressive.

Thanks all. The Ziggy seems to be a big favourite for many people. I've had a quick look and do like the 3 burner set up of them. The concern with the Q is the burner and not being able to do indirect cooking (one reason for the original Genesis thought).

Ill definitely look more into the Ziggy and take a trip into BBQ galore.

Looking on the website they are currently on sale with $120 off (now $479).

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest the thought did start with a Weber Q then went to Spirit then Genesis then Napoleon (but they are very hard to get hold of in Tas). Was a ‘if I spend an extra $200 I’d get a better grill .. then it grew and grew.

My main BBQ is a 57cm Weber kettle - I love it! With the gas set up the idea was for week day meals then occasional roasts etc on the weekend when I don’t use the kettle. But you guys are probably right - save the $1500, get a Q and spend the rest on good quality meat over the year.

Cheers,

Hi all,

Tom here from Northern Tas. Looking forward to meeting people and learning new skills from the forum.

I mainly cook on charcoal but looking at a new gas BBQ for weekday after work cook ups.

I was looking at the Weber Genesis II E-315 ($1499) but when I went into the local shop they had the old model Genesis II LX340 on special for $1699. Any opinion on which would be the better buy? I can’t find the difference between the new range Genesis and the old ones inc the LX range.

Cheers,