Posts by SAMJAN

Thanks so much for all the info! After a bit of browsing I'm considering an Asmoke or Z Grill based on size, price point and ease of use. He has cooked with charcoal before so doesn't mind the start up etc of this method but in saying that has only used it on a small open grill when cooking a regular BBQ so a totally different experience.

This would most likely only be used on weekends, so he would hopefully have the time to put into it. It would mostly be used to Cook for our family and possibly host a few friends probably not more than 15 people.

Any strong thoughts/things to consider on Asmoke vs Z Grills?

I would ask him his thoughts but he's terrible at buying things for himself, so a surprise is probably best!

Thanks again!

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a smoker for my husband for his birthday. He loves going to American BBQ places and has always said he'd like to try make his own brisket, ribs, pork etc.

I'm not even sure where to start! So am looking for recommendations for a good smoker for a beginner. As well as suggestions on pellet vs charcoal. As I said, I'm completely overwhelmed with all the choices and just want to get him something relatively easy to use to start his barbecue journey.

Many thanks!