Posts by NT Lad

Chucked a Colesworth mini beef roast and small pork belly in the kettle.

Proceeded to listen to some tunes, drink some beer and cider and monitor said kettle.

Well the cider got the better of me and I forgot to post last night. Oh well, ya get that on the big jobs!

Something I’ve not seen much around here is trussing the belly with butchers twine, into a sort of roll.

This allows the fat to run off and you can also place some aromatics, garlic, etc in the centre.

I did one like this on the Weber a few weeks ago and it came out perfect!

Very interested in the chuck steak idea.

The thought of chuck flavour with eye fillet tenderness sounds mmmmm!

But I find conflicting reports on the net on timing. Some say 24, some 36.

Anyone on here nailed it?

Did a standing chook on the kettle yesterday, but was too drunk to post last night!🍻🤣

My Chook stand seems to have disappeared, so I stole the wife’s cake tin insert. Worked a treat!🤣🤣

Gravy from the drippings, plus wine, herbs and a bit of tomato sauce for ‘sweetness and that extra tang’ (apologies to Paul Kelly!)

Yeah Albert nailed it. You can play fast, but you still need the feel. That’s why I love Stevie, Jimi etc over your Satriani, Vai mob.

Gotta bend them strings!

Or this…

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That is a massive, massive call.

I was ready to respond with a torrent of reasons why you are wrong and how your taste in music means you are a worthless, vile sub-human.

However, as it turns out, you are objectively correct...

I didn’t make that statement lightly!

This one goes close though.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of the best blues performances ever!

Townes plays the blues. Nice!

A bit of Bluegrass.

On a country trip today. Good country though!

Stuff like this….

And to lighten it up a bit!

Unfortunately covid got poor John in 2020.